March 23, 2011

Wood Veneer

Will be specifying a wood veneer for the first floor higher profile cabinets in the kitchen and living spaces.  My wife is from Wenatchee Washington, we met north of Vancouver BC, and I lived and worked in Portland OR.  Having spent so much time in the Pacific Northwest, I had the opportunity to fall in love with the lofty douglass fir tree.  So as a nod to the PNW, I hope to be using clear vertial grain (CVG) fir veneer.


Will be selecting a laminate compliment at the not-so visable areas like the mudroom, office, etc. Here an are examples of wood grain fake textures by Wilsonart, Nevamar, and Formica, that might work for these areas.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Michael. I live on Vancouver Island and have engineered fir floors but want to install a laminate in a couple of other rooms. The sample in the bottom right corner looks like the best match. Can you tell me who makes it? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete