January 9, 2011

Designing my house

As an architect it has always been a dream to design a house for my family.  I grew up in an architect designed house designed my dad in the 1970s, and have always wanted to live in something beautiful, functional, and efficient.  Many colleagues and friends have expressed interest in getting a glimpse of my design, and learning more about the process - thus the birth of this blog.  My hope is that this blog documents the process and balances the technical aspects of design and construction while offering "lessons learned" for others who may want to design and build a house of their own someday.  I will post iterative decisions along the way, and hope to fill the blog visually with a lot of images, and the things that inspire me.  Thank you for joining me in this adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment