February 9, 2011

This is not my house plan!



Thankfully I have the opportunity to design my own house, and if i wasn't an architect i would have probably picked a stock plan like this one.  I came accross this plan on one of those internet sites where you can give them your credit card and get plans for your site with a click of the button.  Us design types tend to stick our finger down our throats about spec house designs as they ignore the most important design feature (the site) - but i was surprised how this stock plan is very close to my programatic layout i am envisioning for the first floor (Except for the orientation of the garage, the front porch, and i would stick the office where the dining room is shown) - but my contractor can easily make those changes for me, right? :)

1 comment:

  1. Great tips, many thanks for sharing. I have printed and will stick on the wall! I like this blog. Leed ap bristol

    ReplyDelete